Guess what’s in season….our Home Grown Sprouts!!
Check out this amazing recipe from @Real Food Daily
She has also just released new dates on our website for her forthcoming course.
🌿Vegetarian & Vegan
Festive Winter Soups and Stews
Kids Fun Healthy Cooking Class with Isaac 12 and Harper 8 ( Junior Real Food )
*these kids are incredible*
Don’t go for the old school approach of boiling…. Tryout this roasted version. The roasting brings out the natural nuttiness!
Ingredients * 400g brussel sprouts
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* teaspoon granulated garlic
* Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
* 2 tablespoons organic butter butter
* 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
* 2 teaspoons tamari or soy sauce * 100g chopped pecans
* Preheat oven to 200 degrees * Rinse and drain the brussels sprouts. Trim tough ends, if necessary. Place sprouts on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and garlic cloves, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat evenly and place in the oven.
* Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just barely fork tender (time will depend on size of your sprouts). Stir half way through to ensure even browning.
* Add butter to a small saucepan and place over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat and add maple syrup and soy sauce or tamari. Stir to combine and set aside.
* Remove sprouts from the oven, pour the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Return baking sheet to oven and roast for an additional 3 minutes, or just long enough to lightly caramelize the sprouts and toast the pecans.